The light, balanced flavor of most Central American coffees is ideal for many breakfast foods, but here are a few breakfast coffee pairings that go beyond the basics.
- Crepes – Pair savory crepes (those with ingredients like vegetables, herbs, cheese and meats) with bold Pacific Island coffees. Pair Nutella or chocolate crepes with Colombian coffee. Berry crepes are great with Kenyan or Haitian coffees. They’re all also easily paired with espresso and espresso-based drinks.
- Eggs and bacon/sausage – This American-style breakfast is great with medium-roast Costa Rican coffee.
- Omelets with Mushrooms, Basil and/or Chevre – Java, Sumatra and Indonesian coffee can handle the full flavors of savory brunch foods like omelets.
- Oatmeal – Light-roast Kona or Nicaraguan coffee is ideal with oatmeal.
- Pancakes with Maple Syrup – Kona and Nicaraguan coffee complement the maple and the pastry flavors of this classic breakfast food.
- Quiche – The full, savory flavors of many Pacific Island coffees is great with quiche.
- Wheat Toast – Light- or medium-roast Costa Rican, Colombian, Guatemalan and Brazilian coffees are great with simple, grainy breakfasts, such as toast or cereal. Cappuccino and Cafè au Lait are also worth trying with simple breakfasts.
Info Credit: Coffee/Tea About.com