Chocolate and coffee is a long-standing favorite amongst food-and-drink pairings. Espresso drinks like Caffè Mochas, Caffè Lattes and Ristrettos make perfect sense with chocolate, as do a number of different coffee origins. Here are some top coffee-chocolate pairings from bars to cake.
- Brownies – Full-bodied coffees from Indonesia or Guatemala pair beautifully with dark chocolate brownies.
- Chocolate Cake – Chocolate cake is great with most medium- or dark-roast coffees, but is especially great with chocolaty Guatemalans. Chocolate mousse cake is delicious with most Arabica coffees. Vanilla-bean-iced chocolate cupcakes are wonderful with Colombian coffee.
- Chocolate-Dipped Fruit – Chocolate-dipped fruit is good with most African coffees. Tart chocolate-covered cherries are great with citrusy Ethiopian Sidamo in particular.
- Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate is ideally paired with Indonesian, Brazilian, Ethiopian, Guatemalan and dark roast coffees.
- Milk Chocolate – It’s hard not to pair milk chocolate with all types of coffee, but Colombian, Kenyan, Sumatran, Yemeni, Ethiopian and Kona work best.
- White Chocolate – White chocolate’s milder flavor pairs better with Colombian, Costa Rican and Yemeni coffees.
Info Credit: Coffee/Tea About.com